Walther Engineering and Manufacturing Company
Product Warranties and Dunnage Information
Walther Engineering and Manufacturing Company, Inc. (Seller) hereby warrants to the first person or entity that places Seller’s products in service (Buyer), that Seller will repair or replace, at its option, all products found to be defective in material and/or workmanship, for the life of the vehicle. This warranty sets forth and describes Buyer’s exclusive remedy and sets forth Seller’s entire liability to Buyer. For hubs, Seller does not warranty the bearing cups or other items incorporated by Seller into the hubs (Seller Incorporated Items). Seller hereby conveys to Buyer all of Seller’s rights and remedies under the manufacturer’s warranty with respect to such Seller Incorporated Items.
This warranty is limited to products which fail under normal use and service because of defects in material and/or workmanship caused by Seller. All warranty claims made hereunder are subject to inspection and verification of material and workmanship by an authorized representative of Seller, within a reasonable period after a warranty claim is made. Seller may elect to repair or replace a defective product either at its Franklin, Ohio factory or through an approved service representative or repair facility. Seller shall be solely responsible for the cost of repair or replacement of a product which is the subject of a valid warranty claim. However, in every event, the cost of transporting the defective product to the site of repair or replacement designated by Seller, as well as all labor (including removal and reinstallation of the product), and freight, insurance, and handling costs shall be sole responsibility of Buyer. Seller will not accept the return of any product without Seller’s prior written authorization. Such products authorized for return must be shipped freight prepaid and include a Seller provided Returned Material Authorization number.
Seller’s liability to Buyer, or anyone claiming through or on behalf of Buyer, with respect to any claim or loss arising out of the use of products subject to this warranty or alleged to have resulted from actual act or omission of Seller, whether negligent or otherwise, and whether in tort, contract or otherwise, including failure to deliver, delay in delivery, or breach or warranty, shall be limited to an amount equal to the original sale price of the product, or where appropriate and at the option of Seller, to replacement for the product. In no case will Seller be liable for any bodily injury, death, or property damage resulting from or in any way arising out of the product or their use or manufacture. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES ARISING OUT OF ANY SALE, CONTRACT OR TRANSACTION WITH BUYER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT.
The above warranty is void if (1) the product is misused or modified or (2) if Buyer fails to adhere to published industry installation and maintenance guidelines. Without limitation, misuse includes overloading, off-highway use, improper wheel nut torque, wheel seal and stud failure, excessive bearing end-play, and unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repair. Further, Seller is not liable for any failure or damages caused by improper application or use of the product, fire, accidents or results thereof, or acts of God.
THESE ARE SELLER’S ONLY WARRANTIES. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY SELLER AND EXCLUDED.
In Order to Submit a Warranty Claim, Please Use the Following Procedure:
- Contact a Walther EMC customer service representative for a Return Material Authorization number (RMA) by calling 937-743-8125 • Option 1, or by clicking HERE
- A customer service representative will fax or email the RMA form to you. The RMA form will include your RMA number and shipping instructions. The RMA form must accompany your shipment.
Walther EMC Returnable Dunnage Policy
The following items have been put in effect to insure our customers receive credit for returnable dunnage shipped to our facility:
- Credit will be given for Walther EMC dunnage only. Walther EMC’s pallet and separator size is 40” X 40” (One-way Pallets). Walther EMC’s separators have “clipped” corners
- All separators and pallets are to be separated into uniform stacks
- Pallets should be stacked 15 high or 10 high depending upon trailer height
- Plywood separators should be stacked 50 high on top of one pallet
- All stacks are to be banded at least twice in each direction to secure for transport
- Wood should not be stored outside or shipped to Walther EMC wet
- Credit will not be given for broken or wet dunnage
- No dunnage will be received without a Return Material Authorization number (RMA). To obtain an RMA number, contact customer service at (937) 743-8125, option 1
- No dunnage will be received freight collect
- Shipments on open flatbed trailers will not be accepted
- Dunnage should not be accumulated and shipped back by more than one truckload at a time. This will help us to determine our necessary inventory levels throughout the year
- Packing slips that accompany each shipment must include a listing of all dunnage by type with piece count and RMA number
- No cardboard, garbage, desiccant, plastic bags, air bags, oil or metal chips will be accepted